![]() |
| Sister Phillips, my trainer |
![]() |
| Transfers with my "sisters" Me, Sister Thomas, Sister Phillps (mom) and Sister Hawes |
My area is Stafford! It is the southern-most part of the mission, and actually borders the Philidelphia Mission! Because it is so far away, people often joke that we are "banished"! My companion is Sister Moss! She is the cutest person ever and I already love her so much! She is from Idaho and loves floral as much as I do! Our area is HUGE! We drive an average of 80 miles a day! We are very far away from any other missionaries! We have to drive 45 minutes to get to district meeting! There are a lot of trees! There are a lot of white people! There are also a lot of boats! I am close to the Jersey Shore! In some neighborhoods there are these canals (I don't know what else to call them) going through so they are able to dock their boats in their back yard! We have a Target across the street from our apartment, and lots of yummmy restaurants near by! The branch members here feed us a ton! This area is incredible!
![]() |
| Me and Sister Moss |
So, that is pretty much the gist of it. I really do genuinely love it here already. Sister Moss and I are convinced that it is the hidden gem of the mission. Our motto is "Blesssed, Not Banished". This area has a lot of really great things going for it, and I am so excited to help the work progress!
I just wanted to tell you all really quickly how blessed I feel to be a missionary during this holiday season. This is the only time in my life that I will be able to fully dedicate myself to focusing on my Savior this holiday season, and I am truly so thankful! I don't have to get caught up in the gifts and the decorations and all that, but instead I just get to focus on the birth and life of Jesus Christ. That is what this season is all about! A time to remember and reflect on our relationship with Him and the ways that His life has blessed us. I love this season, and the way that it allows us to recenter our lives. I am thankful for my Savior, and for His ultimate sacrifice. I am thankful that I am able to share this wonderful message with others! I truly love being a missionary, there is nothing better, and I have never felt happier. Thank you for your love and support! Merry Christmas!!
Sister Yocum
Quote of the Week: "Praise the Lord and pass the peanut butter!" - a man named Lawrence who answered the door and may or may not have been slightly crazy. However, to prove how prophetic and in tune he was with the Holy Ghost, he predicted my future! He told me that I would become an EMT, get married in 6 years, have 3 children (a boy, a girl, and a boy), and that my husband would be "conservative, protective, soft and responsible." I am only writing this down so years from now I can see how close he was. Also, just so you all know, the second coming is happening in 2043. Lawrence let us in on that little secret.
Not very many pictures this week, because Sister Phillips was my only source for pictures ahaha I will be better next week
Quote of the Week: "Praise the Lord and pass the peanut butter!" - a man named Lawrence who answered the door and may or may not have been slightly crazy. However, to prove how prophetic and in tune he was with the Holy Ghost, he predicted my future! He told me that I would become an EMT, get married in 6 years, have 3 children (a boy, a girl, and a boy), and that my husband would be "conservative, protective, soft and responsible." I am only writing this down so years from now I can see how close he was. Also, just so you all know, the second coming is happening in 2043. Lawrence let us in on that little secret.
Not very many pictures this week, because Sister Phillips was my only source for pictures ahaha I will be better next week
![]() |
| Me and one of my favorite families from Maplewood!! |




No comments:
Post a Comment