![]() |
| MY FAMILY WHO I JUST SKYPED AND GOT TO TALK TO AHHH SO HAPPY |
![]() |
| Treats from the Jacobs, we are so #blessed |
![]() |
| Lol this picture is a little rough sorry but this was at the Relief Society get together!! Also I was the one taking the pic but enjoy these lovely ladies |
Not only that, I have felt such pure JOY from being a missionary during this holiday season and having the opportunity to share the gospel with others. Just as my dear best friend serving in Chile wrote to me, "What better way to celebrate the Savior's birth than to share His love with the world?" There truly is no better way that I can think of. I feel honored and so blessed to be a missionary and be trusted with this great work. Okay, I will move on now.
![]() |
| Making cookies with the Hillers, the cute Senior Missionary Couple in our area! This picture reminded me of the Mr. Krabs meme and is also a great representation of what this past week has been like |
The letters that you all wrote to me were, by far, the best part of my Christmas. Throughout this month I have absolutely loved reading your stories, being able to catch up with your lives, hearing your thoughts, your insights, and best of all, your testimonies. Each of those letters touched me so much. Reading them all has made me smile, laugh, cry, and feel the spirit. In fact, I loved them so much that I wanted to share some excerpts from a few of them with you all! Yes, I realize that this is kind of a cop-out so that I won't have to write my own thoughts as much (lol) but the words that you all wrote were so beautiful. I won't put any names, and I hope that it is alright that I share some of your sweet thoughts and insights with others. Enjoy!
"This might seem strange, with all the wonderful Christmas songs out there, one of my favorites is Little Drummer Boy. I love the humility of the little boy who knows he has nothing to give the Savior, but wants to give something, anything, to show his love. He plays for the Savior, gives his best, and the Savior smiles. I love this song because it reminds me that the Savior loves each and every one of his children. He knows us individually, knows our hearts, and just wants us to come to him. We may feel at times that we have nothing to give, but if our hearts are in the right place, he will recognize that desire and always welcome us. His arms are always outstretched."
"This Christmas season is so precious. With the Light of Christ spreading throughout the world and so many people reaching out and letting the light of Christ show through their countenance, it is so touching."
"I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that knows me so well and that helps me in every aspect of my life. He helps me to grow and guides me to draw nearer to Him. I am grateful for His tender mercies. I am grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ for atoning for our sins and providing a way for us to return to Him."
"I know that God and his Son live and that we are their greatest interest and they really care about us. I am so grateful for this season that reminds me about how to love as they do and to give more."
"How often do I leap for joy at the Good News? Because of that Babe in Bethlehem, I have hope in a better life, free from sin, with my loved ones. Because of Him, I will live again, after tasting of death, to gain a perfected body! That knowledge should make all of us leap for joy daily!"
"This holiday is about celebrating the light that came into this world. We celebrate life, and light, and hope. That little baby in a manger continues to be the hope of Israel and the entire human family. I am so grateful for Him. I am grateful for what he stands for. I am grateful for the many ways he has lit up my world and the other many blessings He has given me."
Those are just a few of my favorites. But truly, I can't even begin to thank you all for your kind words, insights, and testimonies. It made being so far away from home a little easier :')
On top of all of these sweet testimonies, I will add my own. I am so grateful for my Savior. My Redeemer, the Messiah, the Son of God, The Good Shepherd, the Life and Light of the World, the Only Begotten, my older brother. I am thankful for this time of year and the opportunity is gives us to reflect on His perfect life, and the ways that it blesses our own lives today. He gave us a perfect model for which we could pattern our lives. He gave His life for us, and in so doing, provided us with the blessings of the Atonement and lasting affects of the Resurrection. I am thankful that Heavenly Father loves us all enough to give us His son. It was the ultimate expression of love, and I continue to be amazed by it.
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes,
Sister Yocum
Or, as one of you clever people pointed out in your letter to me,
YOCUM ALL YE FAITHFUL!
I laughed so hard at that
![]() |
| "Hey, how do you feel about realtors?" |






No comments:
Post a Comment