![]() |
| light the world!! check it out @lds.org |
GUYS. I am officially beginning my last full week of training. That is INSANE! Time is already flying by and if I am being completely honest, it is really freaking me out. Anyways, this week was full of incredible experiences, lots of laughter, and lots of being stuck in traffic.
![]() |
| Raking leafs with Ralph! "You two look weird in pants." |
Pretty much the majority of our week was spent running late, rushing to appointments, and speeding in our car. It is difficult for me to remember a time this week when we were just hanging out, trying to think of things to do to pass the time. Between Ellis Island volunteering, planning 2 baptism, and many lessons, this past week was especially jam-packed. Which is obviously really awesome but also really stressful.
![]() |
| KIMBERLY!! love her, oh man |
By far the highlight of the week was KIMBERLY'S BAPTISM. Honestly, it is a miracle that Kimberly got baptized. She has had such a difficult life and has so many things constantly working against her. The Sisters before us had taught her for months before we even got here, so I was so excited that she finally decided to be baptized. She was so ready. Right before her baptism, she kept saying that she was really nervous. Sister Phillips and I kept trying to calm her, and at one point I asked why she wanted to be baptized. She looked at me and said, "Because I love Jesus". That's what it is all about!
![]() |
| Yay we actually got her to smile in a picture, that is a feat! |
Other highlights of the week include meeting Morgan and Arielle, 14 and 16 year old siblings who are AWESOME. We taught them the plan of salvation and they asked all kinds of awesome questions and genuinely want to learn. My personal favorite question was when they asked if celebrities will go to heaven or not, lol. We invited them to be baptized and they accepted! We will see what happens with them, they are so cool.
This week was honestly a blur, so I am going to end this email with some funny stories from the week. It is always an adventure in Jersey, that is for sure!
- I realized this week that Judith and Ralph still don't know how to pronounce my name. They know how to spell it, but no idea how it is said. They have somehow gotten away with calling me either "Sister" or "BB" this entire time, and I never even noticed until this last week. When I saw Ralph at church this week he excitedly ran up to me shouting "YOCUM!!" doing the coordinating peace sign and wave motion. That is the only way people ever learn my name.....Yo! Come!
- We were at a members home trying to make a cake for Kimberly's baptism, and her 4 year old son took quite a liking to me. He kept trying to kiss me, Sister Phillips took a video of it that I will have to attach. Micah has got some serious moves
![]() |
| Me and my new boyfriend, Micah |
- The night before Kimberly's baptism, we were making sure that she had a towel and everything that she needed for the next day. She realized though that she didn't own a white bra.....so, Sister Phillips and I went bra shopping for her. Sorry if this is TMI but it was honestly the funniest experience. The next day at church it felt like a drug deal trying to give it to her lol
![]() |
| yay for bras! |
- We were trying to have a lesson with Juanita and Gramanuel, but he had a headache and she was in the other room doing stuff. So Sister Phillips and I were awkwardly chillin in the living room, while CJ played this suuuuper violent video game and was explaining the plot to us while Gramanuel Junior ran around with only underwear, and a t shirt on his head. Such a classic "how the heck did I get here" moment
![]() |
| CJ and G Jr. Luckily you can't see his underwear |
- Jorina, the Elder's investigator, got baptized the same day as Kimberly! Only she just recently dyed the tips of her hair blue, so there was blue dye alllllll down the back of the white jumpsuit. It was so funny. Except, we can't get it out, even with bleach. Does anyone have any suggestions?
All In all, it was a solid week. I am truly loving my time in Jersey and I honestly feel like I was sent here for a reason. The Lord is truly SO mindful of each of us, and I have learned, especially while serving a mission, that He truly knows what is best for us, even if we might not always think so.
Love you all!!
Sister Yocum
1. KIMBERLY!! love her, oh man
2. Yay we actually got her to smile in a picture, that is a feat!







No comments:
Post a Comment