| Before taking on the Bomb Cyclone |
Well, I should probably begin this email by giving my own personal account of the historic Bomb Cyclone. My area is closer to the coast, so we got hit pretty good. We got over a foot of snow and on Thursday when it started basically no one went anywhere because the roads were too dangerous.
| Here is a little perspective of how much snow we got lol |
| ......after. We got #rekt |
| Birthday party for our investigator Liza and her son! It was a proper Filipino feast with a pig and karaoke. So fun!! |
This last week, our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson passed away at the age of 90. Although I am sad that he is no longer on the Earth, I know that he is so happy to be reunited with his sweet wife, and that his legacy will live on. He was the ultimate example of what a devoted, faithful, and loving person looks like, and I am so thankful for the influence he has had in my life. In his memory, I will leave you all with a quote, from his October 2012 General Conference address entitled "God Be With You Till We Meet Again"
"Let us be of good cheer as we go about our lives. Although we live in increasingly perilous times, the Lord loves us and is mindful of us. He is always on our side as we do what is right. He will help us in time of need. Difficulties come into our lives, problems we do not anticipate and which we would never choose. None of us is immune. The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be. Our lives can also be filled with joy as we follow the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
I know that we can receive true happiness in this life as we follow the gospel. An everlasting, genuine, celestial happiness! It has blessed my life more than I can describe, and I am thankful that I get to share it with the (freezing) people of New Jersey.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and support.
Your "Beautiful Sister of Jesus",
(what the lady who volunteers with us at the thrift calls us hahaha)
Sister Yocum
No comments:
Post a Comment