Monday, March 5, 2018

Life Update!

 
Lots of exciting news this week! I've officially hit 6 months of being a missionary, which is absolutely insane. I thought that once I got to this point I would feel a lot more experienced and knowledgeable, but I still feel like I have no idea what's going on hahaha, but that's what keeps things exciting!

Awkwardly posing by Lake Manahawkin!! Classic

Well, I am being transferred out of Stafford and moving up north to Fardale! I have no idea what it's like out there, but just from the name, it sort of sounds like hick country....but I guess only time will tell! And even if it isn't, I will have to continue saying it with a country accent because that only feels right. I'm being doubled into an Elders area, greenie busting! And for those of you who don't speak mission lingo (bahaha sorry, I like to pretend I'm cool) I am going to an area that is currently an Elders area, and my companion is someone who just got done with training. So I guess that means I'm the old one who's supposed to be in charge??! Wish me luck.

Me and Sister Penrod, one of my favorite members in this area!!
 Don't tell anyone tho

This week, we had tons of crazy coincidences. Or more accurately, situations created by divine design.

- While knocking on Transom Lane we were talking with these two girls in their home. One of the girls said, "I think I've met you guys before. I was at my friends house on Ensign Ave and you were talking to her dad!". Surprisingly, we actually knew exactly who she was talking about! Good ol' Joe

- While I was doing online proselyting on Facebook, this one guy I was messaging asked "Were you in Waretown today? I think I saw you and another girl walking around". Apparently we were on his exact street!! The street where someone threatened to call the cops on us, but that's irrelevant.

- We were putting up posters around our apartment complex for this "Family Discovery Day" open house that were doing in a few months. While walking around we started talking to this one lady, and she says "I've talked with you girls before! Remember at Target? My moisturizer got discontinued??!" Hahaha luckily that oddly specific detail helped us to remember her. Store contacting is always the best.

- We got lost trying to find this one person's apartment, so we asked some random people for help. After talking for a while, they ask, "are you girls those.....those..." "Mormons?" "No..." "....missionaries?" "Yeah, missionaries!" Apparently they used to see missionaries all the time because this lady who is in our branch used to be their neighbor! She now lives in an entirely separate town, and we had no idea she used to even live over there!

Man, if that doesn't tell you how much we are GRINDIN out here in Stafford then I don't know what does. Our area covers 170 square miles and the fact that we ran into all of these people this week is so crazy to me. The Lord works in mysterious ways!


Us with our investigator Nancy :') I love this lady



Sister Moss got me in action hanging up the signs ahaha

Well, I can't wait to see where my new area takes me. I am excited to see what new things I have to learn and what experiences I will have! I will always be thankful for Stafford and the ways that it has pushed me to become better. :')

I am going to miss service at the old and new thrift shop bahaha these ladies are the best

I love you all, thanks for the support and prayers!
Sister Yocum


No comments:

Post a Comment