![]() |
| One of the days this week it was flippin EIGHTY-TWO DEGREES and it was glorious. I was so happy! Cruisin down the streets with the windows down bumpin to our Mo-Tab. Life was good, my dudes! |
Another crazy week in the books. What book would that be, exactly?? I don't know, but it just feels right to say. This week had all kinds of crazy experiences, but there is one experience that especially sticks out that I wanted to write about.
This last week I went on an exchange with Sister H up in Plainsboro, and we had an appointment with this woman named Lorraine. Here is some background information: the sisters met Lorraine about a week prior and apparently she has a friend who has been trying to get her to read the Book of Mormon for literally YEARS, but she always refused because she thought it wasn't about Jesus Christ. So the sisters helped explain that it actually is all about Him, and she was laughing so hard and even called her friend right in front of the sisters to apologize because she felt so guilty. ANYWAY, so my exchange just so happened to be on the day they had set to meet this woman for their first offical lesson. And WOW let me tell you guys, this woman is honestly one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She has had an INCREDIBLY difficult life, and the things that she has gone though I wouldn't wish for anyone. Yet, she was so happy and bubbly and full of love. I would have never guessed.
After we got to know her and learned about some of the things she's been though, Sister H said "that actually reminds me of a scripture, I think that you would really like it". She grabs the tab for that specific scripture and flips open her Book of Mormon, and Lorraine follows her by opening hers as well. Sister H begins "Okay, it's in Alma --" and Lorraine shows me the page she flipped open to and asks "Is this Alma?" She had flipped open to the EXACT PAGE that Sister H was going to read from. We kinda freaked out and once we told her that she was in the exact right spot Lorraine just kinda looked up toward the sky and started shaking her head.
![]() |
| Lorraine in all her Glory |
Yeah, that was an incredible experience. I feel so blessed to have been a part of it, and that I was able to meet Lorraine. Even if it was just for a day, I am so excited for where the gospel will take her. And if some day she gets around to writing a book about her life, I would definately reccomend that you get one.
![]() |
| Sister Phillips, Horace, Kimberly, Sister Hawes |
We were knocking one day and met a super nice little family and shared the Book of Mormon with them. They told us that the wife has recently started looking into religion because she didn't go to church growing up, and the husband even said that it was "divine intervention" that we came to the door. By the end of the conversation we set up another time to come back and they let us hold their bearded dragons.It was awesome.
![]() |
| Divine intervention dragon |
Another day we were knocking, and were talking to this one guy who is a pastor. He was super cool and we had a good conversation, and when we were able to leave he asked if we were hungry and wanted any snacks. We gladly accepted and he ran inside, telling his wife "Honey, these servants of the Lord have been walking around all day! They need a snack!''. Jeff, my guy.
![]() |
| Servants of the Lord Snacks |
Another weird mailbox (ft. awesome Bart Simpson sign that the lady MADE HERSELF). Sister Moss and I have made it a hobby to take pictures of all the weird ones we find and so far we have: manatee, dog, football helmet, chicken, dolphin, golf ball, cat, dragon, and now, Fred Flintstone.
I am so happy to be serving as a missionary here. The longer I am here, the more I realize that my Heavenly Father truly does know me and that he sent me to this exact place for a reason. Whether that is to help those in need, or to learn from others, the time I've been a missionary is so precious to me and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
![]() |
| Zone 8 activity!! We played kickball and ultimate frisbee and I will be sore tomorrow. |
Sister Yocum







No comments:
Post a Comment