Monday, March 26, 2018

A Week in the Life. . .


This was a pretty weird week....which is really saying something, because practically every week as a missionary is weird. I've just come to learn that that's part of the job.

Here are some of the weird events of the week! The first day of spring we had another snow storm (pretty ironic, eh?), and were barricaded in our apartment all day....we had fruit roll up races for lunch and Sister Nelson taught me some cheers. We might have gone just a little bit crazy. Last P-day we sat in Pep Boys for literally 4 hours, waiting for our tire to get replaced. We went just a little bit crazy there as well. We were stopping by a former investigator and somehow came across a women's homeless shelter and handed out a bunch of Books of Mormon. Definitely a very humbling experience. We stopped by another former and were invited inside to eat a traditional El Salvadorian meal with a bunch of random people and talked to them about what we do as missionaries for an hour. They were shocked that our mothers would let us do this hahaha So shoutout to you, Mom. We knocked a neighborhood around a members house before we went for a meal appointment with them, and during the meal made the comment that no one really answered their door....the member checked their community Facebook page and apparently someone posted a heads up that "the Mormons are out" hahaha.

Well, sometimes Facebook is used against us, but sometimes we are able to use it for our benefit. We've been really pushing Facebook proselytizing lately, messaging a ton of people and having lots of conversations. It's honestly amazing how easy it is to talk to so many people at once. Anyways, as you might imagine, a lot of people have funny reactions to a weird missionary messaging them about the gospel. Here are a few of my favorites:

"Pray for me girl, I got court in the morning"
"U a nun or something?"
"I'm sorry, my mom said I can't talk to strangers"
"Please, Please, Please accept my friend request I sent you, how beautiful you are girl, I will be very happy with your friendship"

And possibly my favorite one, when asked if he knew what the Book of Mormon was: "Bible 2: Electric Boogaloo, Native American Edition"


However, there are also people on Facebook who are genuinely interested to learn more, and we are supposed to give them copies of the book of Mormon this week! So pray that that will go well, ahaha. Also that woman I wrote about last week who is praying about whether or not she should be baptized? Our appointment got canceled because of the snow. But I will keep you all informed hahah

Anyways, life in Fardale is seriously so good. So many experiences that I just know there is absolutely no way I ever would have had any other way. It's a grand time!


Sister Yocum


No pictures this week, sorry everyone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment