Monday, February 12, 2018

L-O-V-E

The Hillers took us out to dinner and I tried a cannoli!!

This week, in honor of Valentine's day, I wanted to write about love. And not the typical sappy romance type love we often think about on Valentines day....but instead, a true, pure, type of love! I just wanted to start off by writing about some of the people and things that I love.


MY FAMILY. My loving and incredibly supportive parents, my hilarious and crazy brothers. I can't even begin to describe what these people mean to me, and I truly feel so blessed to know that I can be with them forever, even after this life! They are my greatest support, source of love, and biggest fans. And of course in addition to my immediate family members, I am also so thankful for my incredible grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We are quite a crazy bunch of people, but I love spending time with them and will always cherish our memories together.


Selfies with our new smart phones!!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, WE GOT SMART PHONES!!!

MY FRIENDS. Whether we grew up together, or have only known each other for a little while, there are so many people who have shaped and helped me in life. Classmates, teammates, roommates, coworkers, teachers, church leaders, and so SO many others. Thank for the memories, accepting me, and loving me.
We were cleaning up after an event and were told to "wait for the men" to
help us move the piano.....Barbara didn't like that. So here is our
celebratory "Girl Power!" picture with her ahahaha Love that lady

NEW JERSEY. I never would have thought that a place would become such a huge part of my heart. It is so weird to think that I have only been living here for a few months, it truly feels so much longer. I feel like my heart has doubled in size, just to make room for all of the incredible people I have met here. I am thankful for the example they have been to me, and for loving me so freely and accepting me despite my flaws. I truly do love my Garden State!
Corndogs and juice with Donna and Amy (the birthday girls!)

MY SAVIOR. When frustration comes, I am able to turn to Him for help and strength. Especially since becoming a missionary, I have had to do that a lot more often, hahaha. I am thankful that there is someone who knows me completely and more importantly, knows how to help me. I can't imagine what my life would be without Him.


"Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount -- that is the measure of God's love for you. God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn't care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely."


I know that those things are true, and I am thankful to share it with these wonderful New Jerseyians. Being a missionary truly is the hardest thing I have ever loved to do. I love you all!


LOVE,
Sister Yocum

The mailbox that I literally took a loop around the neighborhood
 just so we could take a picture of it
 

Sister Moss got me in action doing online proselyting ahahahahaitstheworst

No comments:

Post a Comment