Monday, February 19, 2018

Winter Beach Day

 

We went to the beach today!! It was a blast and I loved it a lot


Oh MAN this week was so crazy. We were just straight #grinding all week long. I feel exhausted, but definately accomplished! This week is honestly kind of a blur, so here are some of the highlights!



- On Valentines Day, we bought some candy and fake flowers and delivered little goody bags to some of the older single ladies in the branch. They were so excited that we had thought about them, and it felt so good to show them some love on a day that would normally be a little hard for them. Plus the Hillers spoiled us and gave us flowers, little plush hearts, and chocolate covered strawberries....best Valentines ever!
Heart Shaped brownie we brought for the young women on Valentines Day

- We knocked an entire street, and it took about 2 hours. We were exhausted, but we had some funny moments from the whole experience. This one guy thought that we were the pizza that he had just ordered, and even though he was a little dissapointed that we didnt actually have pizza, we still talked with him and set an appointment to come back! Miracle. Also there was another man who had this "NO SOLICITORS" sign, but we knocked away, because we aren't solicitors since we aren't selling anything?? Anyways, this guy opened his door and angrily pointed at the sign. Sister Moss just looked at it, nodded for a second, and said "Oh, that's nice! We are reading scripture verses with people!" He wasn't too thrilled about that, but I was dying. You gotta appreciate the small moments.


- While we were knocking another street, there was this car parked on the side of the road and so I offered them a card. There were 3 guys inside, probably around 21 or 22 years old. They rolled down the window, and the guy in the back took a card. He said "Is this your number on the back?" "Yup!" "Alright sweet, maybe I'll call you for a date or something." We awkwardly just sorta laughed and walked away. Sure enough a few minutes later we got a call from him, and we had to kindly decline his offer. However, he did also ask for us to deliver 30 bibles so we will see if that happens.
Branch Coordination with a few of my favorite people!!

- We had the Stafford Branch Chili Cook-Off! It was a blast. I ate 7 different types of chili, lots of cornbread, and got to spend time with the wonderful branch members.


Anyways, like I said, this week was kind of a blur. Lots of knocking, store contacting, dropping by people, setting up appointments, and awkward conversations. Always a good time!!


Love you all,
Sister Yocum

We also found this super cute little gardening shop. It has been quite the P-Day!!
Lol don't mind me awkardly posting by the flowers I thought they were cute


No comments:

Post a Comment