Monday, February 4, 2019

#SURVIVOR

HEY EVERYONE so here's an update, I survived the polar vortex. Last year it was the Bomb Cyclone and now this, seriously, who's in charge of making these names? Hahah so ridiculous. I'm thinking of making some "I survived the Polar Vortex" t-shirts, let me know if any of you would like one. But yeah, it was freezing. With the wind chill, it got into negative degrees, so that was fun. But it made for some great conversation starters, and people seemed to have pity on us. Score! This week is transfers and it's been a crazy day so I have like NO TIME to email, sorry everyone. But I did have a few thoughts I wanted to share!


So earlier this week, we sang this song "Be Still, My Soul" but the words seems to hit me in a different way. I want you to really look at the words and think about what it means.

"Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.

Leave to thy God to order and provide;

In ev’ry change he faithful will remain.

[...]
Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.

Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

All now mysterious shall be bright at last."

I feel like there have been several things that have caused me some stress and worry within the past bit. But let's be real, tomorrow begins the official start of my very last transfer as a full time missionary, so that can be understood. But this song helped me to see that there's no need to worry or stress about things. There are certain things I have control over and certain things that I do not, and I can trust that God will take care of me. I've been able to see that, especially as a missionary....every area I've served in, every companion I've had, all my experiences, they've been special tailored to help me grow and Learn. Even serving in New Jersey, that was all orchestrated by someone who knows much better than I do. I can know and have trust that He will "guide [my] future as he has the past."



And not only that, I've also seen the way that God is able to lead others lives. As the scriptures say, "For he will fulfill all his promises which he shall make unto you, for he has fulfilled his promises which he has made unto our fathers". I'm thankful for that knowledge and I know it applies for you too. Stop and take a moment to think about all the ways that God has guided you, all the small moments that have reminded you that He is there. If you look for them, you will find them. I promise you that!


Anyway, hope you all enjoy some of my thoughts. The events of the week will be symbolized by pictures but those are worth a thousand words anyways, right?


Love you all, hope that praying for charity went well! Haha have a very happy and semi warm week :')
Sister Yocum


1 and 2. We went to the "beach" lol it was fun
3. We were told by our mission president that we had to cover every inch of skin, because we could get frostbite in 5 minutes... This was my #look
4. Maxine and Sherry these hilarious ladies we met from Jamaica haha they were so fun
5. We got this really old mod podge that looked more like putty, so of course we played with it
6. Treat. Yo. Self.
7. Riding scooters with Lennox and Maddox
8. Funny meme I saw on facebook that I thought was way too accurate
9. Also Lennox wanted to wear my tag

10.
11. My face, in case you all forgot what I looked like lol

Yuly had her baby!! We couldn't hold it though










No comments:

Post a Comment